More and more women are opting for cosmetic breast surgery for medical reasons. According to statistics from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS), the number of women who underwent breast augmentation surgery in London increased by 28% in recent years.
If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery, it is important to understand your options and find a surgeon who is experienced in performing the procedure. This post will explain why many women choose cosmetic breast surgery for medical reasons.
Reasons For The Increase In Cosmetic Breast Surgery Among Women
Many women opt for cosmetic breast surgery for a variety of reasons. Some want to correct a deformity, while others seek to achieve a more symmetrical appearance. Still, others may have lost volume in their breasts due to weight loss or pregnancy. Whatever the reason, more and more women are choosing to undergo breast surgery.
Several factors contribute to this trend.
- First, surgical techniques have improved dramatically in recent years, making the procedures much safer and more effective.
- Second, cosmetic surgery’s stigma has diminished, making it more acceptable to consider surgery an option.
- Finally, the surgery cost has come down, making it more affordable for women of all income levels.
The Different Types Of Cosmetic Breast Surgery
A few different types of cosmetic breast surgery can improve the appearance of breasts.
1) Mastectomy:A mastectomy is the most common type of cosmetic breast surgery performed on women undergoing cancer treatment. This procedure involves removing all or part of the breast tissue, which can help improve the appearance of the chest wall and restore symmetry between both breasts.
2) Breast Reconstruction: Breast reconstruction is a surgical procedure that restores the shape and size of the breast following mastectomy or lumpectomy. This procedure can be done using implants or your body fat and muscles.
3) Breast Reduction: Breast reduction is a surgery that reduces the size of large breasts. It can be helpful for women who have experienced physical problems due to their large breasts, such as back pain and neck pain.
4) Breast Uplift: A breast uplift is a surgery that corrects sagging breasts by tightening skin and lifting tissues around the nipple area.
How To Choose A Good Cosmetic Breast Surgeon?
Here are a few tips on how to choose good cosmetic surgeons in London:
- Do your Research: The first step is to do your research, ask for recommendations, and compile a list. Talk to friends and family who have had surgery is done, as well as doctors and nurses who might have some insight.
- Meeting the Surgeon: Next, arrange a consultation with the surgeons on your list. You can ask questions and see if you feel comfortable with them.
- Get Referrals: Ask the surgeon for before-and-after photos of previous patients they’ve operated on so that you can get an idea of their workmanship.
- Trust Your Instincts: Finally, trust your instincts – If something doesn’t feel right during your consultation, then it probably isn’t the right surgeon for you!
There are several reasons why more and more women are opting for cosmetic breast surgery. Sometimes, it is due to cancer and the desire to improve their appearance. In other cases, it is due to a desire to regain their pre-pregnancy figure. Whatever the reason, cosmetic breast surgery is becoming more and more popular, and we are here to help you make the best decision for your body. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.
Featured Image Source: https://img.freepik.com/free-photo/breast-cancer-woman-white-t-shirt-with-satin-pink-ribbon-her-chest-symbol-breast-cancer-awareness_1150-18923.jpg?w=1380&t=st=1672644042~exp=1672644642~hmac=2a8cae18a0bbc6c47c1c742348233266f23634d94fcc85757f9bc7fd62ef17f8
Leave a Reply